COULD YOUR PROJECT USE AN ASSIST?
North Central Iowa has a powerful suite of incentive and assistance programs. Free ground, tax rebates or abatements, investment tax credits and workforce training programs are just a few examples of what could potentially be available to qualifying projects. By utilizing our resources at the state and local levels our goal is to help relieve the pressure of start-up and ongoing costs in exchange for quality investment and job creation.
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF): - Returning a portion of the property tax on any added value back to the project.
- Workforce Tax Credits - Otherwise known as 260(E) employers may receive tax credits predicated upon number of jobs created
- USDA Low interest loans - Available through rural electric cooperatives
- Revolving Loan Funds - Each county has access to low interest loans funded locally and regionally
- Iowa Loan Guarateee - Provides lenders with additional security.
- CEBA - Financial assistance to companies that create or retain jobs and make new capital investment
- RISE - Revitalization of Iowa's Sound Economy (RISE) Program provides grants and funding for infrastructure needs
- Local tax abatements - Our local communities provide a variety of tax abatement schedules
The State also offers their High Quality Jobs Program, the state's premier financial assistance program.